Effective Date: February 6, 2018
Last Updated Date: February 6, 2018
MocoSpace, the Moco app, mocospace.com (dba MocoSpace) is a mobile and online social networking service, which is owned and operated by JNJ Mobile, Inc. ("MocoSpace", "we" or "us").
- We do NOT recommend meeting other users in person, but if you do, be very careful.
- Make sure you go through our privacy settings for your profile.
- We collect data in order to operate the site and to make money and we share that data with other companies, HOWEVER, the data shared CANNOT identify you personally.
- You can opt out of data tracking but MocoSpace may not work properly if you do, and there are multiple opt outs, so we cannot guarantee that it will be universally effective.
- Here are the places you can opt out of tracking:
When you create a profile on MocoSpace, your information will be visible to other MocoSpace users.
If you are under the age of 18, you may not download or use MocoSpace. We do not knowingly collect or maintain information from children under age 13.
II. Controlling and Protecting Your Privacy
1. Personal Safety. After getting to know someone online, you may choose to meet him or her in-person. If so, be careful and use common sense. Never meet someone in private for the first time; choose a public place, and take a friend. For more information about staying safe, please visit Wiredsafety.org, a public service website.
2. Privacy Settings. You can change your privacy settings at any time. You should review these settings regularly. You can find them here.
3. Deleting Your Account. You can edit or delete information that you upload to MocoSpace and you can delete your account, but you cannot recall or delete information that others have copied. When you delete your account, some or all of your information may remain on our servers, but you will not be able to access it.
4. Location Information. We collect your location when you first register with MocoSpace and each time you log in on a mobile device. We may use your location (such as for advertising purposes) even if you choose not to display it to other users.
We do not "track" your location, but we do collect geo-location information from your device or browser when you log in or use MocoSpace, such as when you visit a particular feature that uses location. In addition, as with most location-enabled applications, we and our third-party partners may access your location any time your device is on, whether or not you are logged-in to MocoSpace. But we do not share your precise location with other users.
5. Password. Store your password in a safe place, and do not share it with anyone. If you think someone has your password, you should change it immediately.
6. Posting on MocoSpace. Posting personal information on public areas of MocoSpace will make it publicly available. The information you post or share with others may in turn be shared by them with still other users and it may also show up when someone uses a public search engine (even if that person is not a MocoSpace user). Do not post information in public areas of MocoSpace that you want to keep private.
7. Ephemeral Photos. An ephemeral photo is one that disappears after the recipient looks at it. Our practice is to delete such photos once they are viewed, and after three days if they are not viewed. We cannot guarantee, however, that we will successfully delete every photo, or do so within a particular time frame. Also the recipient can preserve a photo before it disappears by taking a screen shot, for example. Don't share an ephemeral photo unless you are comfortable that it may be saved and shared by the recipient.
8. Third Parties. We are not responsible for (and don't have any control over) the privacy policies of third party websites, apps and ad servers. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of each and every website and app you visit.
9. Opting Out of Receiving Cookies. You may set your browser to block some or all cookies. However, MocoSpace might not fully function if you disable cookies. If you use multiple devices, browsers or computers, you will need to opt out of receiving cookies on each one. Also, if you change devices or computers you will need to repeat this opt-out process. You may also be able to opt-out of receiving cookies from some advertisers.
10. Do Not Track Signals. Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit "Do Not Track" signals, but there are no uniform standards for this. We do not process or respond to "Do Not Track" signals.
III. Information We Collect
We collect different types of information about you and your activities. We collect information when you register, log into, and use MocoSpace, including the features you use, the pages and screens you visit, and the information you enter, such as chats. The specific examples in the following bullets are not meant to be exhaustive.
- We get and record information from your device or browser, including your mobile device identification (ADID, device ID, etc.), IP address, cookie and beacon information, and geographic location.
- We collect information about the features you use, the pages and screens you visit, and your transactions with us and with our partners, vendors, and advertisers, including information about your use of products offered through MocoSpace. We and our third-party partners (such as advertising and infrastructure partners) may access your chats and postings. We do this to improve your experience on MocoSpace, to target ads, and for safety and law enforcement purposes.
- Third Parties. When you download or register for MocoSpace by or through a third party platform we may also access and/or collect certain information from your third party platform account or by cookies placed on your device by such third party site. For example, if you create your MocoSpace account using Facebook, we may use the following information from Facebook to establish your MocoSpace account: your email address, hometown, gender, profile photo, date of birth, friends list and userID. In addition, in the course of providing MocoSpace on third party platforms, such as the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store, the platforms may collect information about you or received information from us in order for the platform to provide an analyze their services. Please note that these platforms were developed and administered by people or companies not affiliated with MocoSpace and that we are not responsible for the actions of those people or companies. You should carefully review the terms of service and privacy policies of the platforms that you use to access MocoSpace.
- We may also collect information about you from other sources, such as blogs and instant messaging services, and other users of MocoSpace.
IV. How We Use and Disclose the Information We Collect
We use and disclose your information in the following ways:
- To customize your experience on MocoSpace.
- For marketing and advertising purposes, including sharing it with advertisers. We share information with companies we do not own, including information collected from cookies and beacons, including your location. However, when we share information with these companies, we remove any part of the data that can identify you.
- We or our third-party partners may combine your information with other information in a way that does not identify you and share that collected information with other companies.
- To conduct research, including the numbers and types of visitors, and MocoSpace traffic.
- To develop and test new products and features, and improve our current ones.
- To find and fix technology problems.
- To contact you by email, text messaging, phone, autodialer or otherwise, including to invite you to participate in surveys and contests, and provide you updates and information about MocoSpace and our other products and services.
- Cookies and Beacons. We may set and access cookies and beacons on your device or computer to customize your experience. These files help us target advertising based on your activity.
- Cooperation with Law Enforcement. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law. We report proactively, and we may disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials in order to: (1) protect the safety and security of our users and members of the public or (2) satisfy subpoenas, court orders, or other governmental requests.
- Advertisers. We may share information that does not identify you personally (or identifying information in hashed, non-human readable form) with third parties for the purposes of monetization and delivering relevant, personalized advertisements or content on our site and on the websites or applications of third parties. To achieve this purpose, our partners may use the shared information (i) to evaluate the nature of the connection across your devices, browsers, or applications; (ii) to assess the suitability of your desktop or mobile device for interest- or demographic-based content; (iii) to provide information and inferences about user interests to third parties; and (iv) to develop insights and reports relating to the presentation of customized advertisements or content, including statistical reports in connection with activity on a website, optimization of ad placement and performance, development of reach and frequency metrics, billing activities, and tracking ads served on a particular day to a particular website. Our partners may also combine shared information with additional non-identifying information collected from other sources to enhance these activities.
V. Data Security and Storage
We use industry standard security measures to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent "hackers" from illegally obtaining this information. We may store all information that we collect indefinitely, but we do not promise to do so for any particular period of time. MocoSpace is hosted in the United States and we maintain your information there. If you are outside the United States, you agree to have your data transferred to and processed in the United States.
Our Contact Information
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org,
write to - JNJ Mobile Inc., 745 Atlantic Ave, Boston MA 02111